Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Value of a Mental Health Day

After cleaning up my workroom yesterday, I stood in the middle of it and thought, "I should do something."  But nothing struck me.  I had done my daily marketing and such, and no projects were hanging in the lurch.  I decided that a bowl of popcorn and a movie sounded like a terrific idea. Hubby came home from work toward the end of the film, Forty Carats, and the two of us finished off the popcorn while watching The Rock.

Many would say that this day was a waste; nothing was accomplished.  I completely disagree.  Absolutely everyone needs a mental health day every now and then; a day where there are no deadlines, no stress and no pressure.  It's completely freeing and refreshing, especially if you are a cottage industry.  A night's sleep is supposed to be refreshing but no so much if you are dreaming about all the things that need to be done to maintain and advance your tiny business.

Mental health day...  try it - you'll love it!

1 comment: