Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Hate Marketing!


This day is virtually gone, and I haven't created a single thing.  I've been photographing, listing and marketing handmade cowboy booties.  The worst part of it is the marketing. I'm old school, I guess, but it just bothers me to say, "Look what I did!  It's the best!  You should buy it!" That's just not what you are supposed to do. Trust me...  I didn't use those exact phrases, but that's the gist of it.

The thing is, I may hate the marketing aspect of being a cottage industry, but I absolutely love the sales that the marketing produces.  It's the sales that give me the opportunity to make something to replace what's been purchased. And that is the whole idea...  make some sales.

The reality is this - if you are Proctor & Gamble, you hire an advertising agency to do your marketing for you.  But if you're like me, you bite the bullet and do it yourself. How do you do your marketing?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...marketing, and advertising, and social media, and interacting, and networking....ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate marketing my ware. But it's a necessity these days. I use yard sale groups on FB. Ask my friends to share my posts on FB.

    ReplyDelete