Thursday, November 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday - November 19, 2015

John Vladimir and Anna Liptak Deak
On the other side of the country, this photo of John Vladimir and Anna Liptak Deak was taken sometime in the 1930s in Brooklyn, New York (thanks to my sister, Carol, for finding this gem on Ancestry.com!).  According to census records, one was born in Poland and the other in Hungary.  Among their children was Lewis James Deak who met and married Anne Cecelia Hynes.  James and Anne had three children - Perpetua, Eileen and James.  At some point - my guess is the mid-30s - Lewis and Anne moved with the three children to California...
Grandma Lee, Clayton, Charlotte, Donald, Eileen, Lewis and Anne


... where Donald met and married their daughter, Eileen.  They were married in grand style at the cathedral in Beverly Hills, California, with the ceremony being performed by the Cardinal of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.  The 500 guests (I think) were all in attendance at the dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel where the reception was held.

Grandma Lee, Charlotte, Donald and me!

Nine months and 5 days later, I was born!  I have always loved this photo with four generations.  This crib is precious, too.  Not only were all of my brothers and sisters in this crib, but my children were in it, too.

I started this to preserve the photos and stories attached to the collage I made of the photos that Charlotte had.  That collage still hangs on the wall in my home and always will.  My children love the collage and it seems they all want it.  This way, they can all have the photos and stories.  All of the photos in that collage (and a few others) are now in this series.




No comments:

Post a Comment