Thursday, October 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday - October 8, 2015

Today is "baby picture" day!

These photos of Charlotte are both dated '05 (that would be 1905!).  They are signed as well.  At first glance, it would appear that it's the same signature.  On closer inspection, the first initial on the photo on the left is M; on the right it's A.  I think the last name of the photographer is Michael on both photos, but it really is just a guess.



Though not dated or signed, my guess is that this photo of Charlotte was taken about the same time as the ones above, or perhaps just a bit later.  She was so wide-eyed.  And the tiny cross pendant is just charming.
 

She only got cuter with each passing day.  The details are so amazing.  Someone got this tiny child to sit still long enough to do her hair with the enormous bow, and lace up those shoes!  Looking closely, the baby ring is on her right hand in this photo.

And here is Charlotte with her doll.  She had that doll well into her 60s, as it sat on her dresser until I was in my mid-twenties.  I spent many a night at her home when I was a child, and on all of them, I slept with that doll.  It was just lovely, with its porcelain face and blond soft curls.  On one of my drop-in visits, I noticed that the doll was not sitting on the dresser.  "Where's your doll?" I asked.  "I sold it."  I was so incredibly sorry that it was gone.

And since it is baby picture day, here is a new face.  This is Clayton Melville Schrader, born May 7, 1901 in Ontario, Canada.  This little boy would immigrate to the US (specifically California) at some point.  As a grown-up, he would marry Charlotte.  Sadly, I don't have any information about his journey prior to marrying Charlotte.

More next Thursday! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment