Thursday, December 18, 2014

Busy, Busy....

I haven't posted in a while because I have been SO busy!  Pulled in 50 different directions all at the same time, and getting nowhere.  Actually, that's not true, I guess.  I did an exhibit, and a show, and met with committees working on things for the Iron Mission Museum Foundation, and, and........  I know you all know the feeling!

For the past couple of days, I have been working on this quilt.  I started it prior to the exhibition and took it, on my quilt frame, with me as a work in progress.  Since it was my husband's idea, this quilt is named Paul's Covered Bridge.  I've quilted from the top down, and today I am working on the water.

It always amazes me what effect quilting has on a piece.  The photo on the left is the water material with no quilting.  The photo on the right is the same material quilted.  I decided, to give the water motion, that I would quilt only at the top edge of white areas.  It always tickles me when an idea works, too!  The photos were taken at the same camera settings, under the same light conditions.

Here's a photo of the entire water area.  I'm working from the top down and you can see the quilted area toward the top of this photo.

I hope you've all been well and happy since I last wrote.  Have a terrific holiday season, everyone!

 

1 comment:

  1. That looks wonderful. It's like painting with a needle and thread.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete