Monday, November 3, 2014

Pioneer Dress - Finished! (Well - Almost)

Handmade Pioneer Dress - front
Handmade Pioneer Dress - Back
And here it is!  I need to do the hand work...  hem on the apron and inside the waistband.  I also altered the pattern just a bit.  I called for elastic in the cuffs of the sleeves, which I had in originally, but have removed.  The apron was nearly as long as the dress to begin with, but I wanted more dress at the bottom.  Also, the apron didn't have pockets and I added them.  It have my grandmother's Moonstone pendant on my dress form.  It's not quite 'period correct,' as it dates from the 1920s, but I think it's close enough!

The pattern was reasonably easy to work with.  If you would like to make yourself this pioneer dress and apron, it's McCall's 9423.

Tomorrow, it's more miniature rag dolls...  I am down to just 9 of them left and Christmas is coming.  I think 2 dozen of them is a good number!

Have a great evening everyone!

2 comments:

  1. good job...did you make this for a special occasion?
    Debbi
    -YankeeBurrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an exhibitor at Frontier Homestead Museum the second week in December, and 'period appropriate dress' is requested. My things will be in an actual log cabin on the grounds, and I will be a frontier shop keeper!

    ReplyDelete