Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Angel Update...

I worked on this angel into the afternoon and had very little to show for it.  You see, this angel rag doll is a Christmas Tree Topper, so I needed to figure out how to get it on the spire of a pine tree.  Just sitting it there wouldn't work for me.  So it was a bit of an engineering problem.

I thought about just attaching some sort of tube to the back, but that didn't work for me either.  Somehow, I needed the spire of the tree to go into the center of the angel.  So I cut a whole bunch of different doll bodies until I hit on one that did work for me.  This angel, at the customer's request, is supposed to be 5 or 6 inches tall.  Also, there has to be room on the body for my tag (thank you US Government).  
To accommodate these requirements, this doll body has really long legs, and a significant space between them.  Once I had the body sewn together and stuffed, I made two spacers out of the same material into which I inserted a piece of poster board.  Once the ends were secured, I bent the two pieces around a pencil to make them curved.  Now the angel has a place to slip right over the spire of a tree, just the way it is supposed to!  It looks a bit weird in the photo, but I do think it will perform beautifully.

Once I got passed this issue, things went along smoothly.  She has a white satin slip and a white chiffon with silver glitter swirls dress.  She has lots of wavy blonde hair, which still needs to be styled.  Tomorrow, she will get wings and a halo and her hair done and the lace trim on her satin slip, and she will be ready to go.

Have a good evening everyone!

 

1 comment:

  1. She's adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete