Friday, June 13, 2014

And We Have a Sheet!

It was so tempting to give this post a snappy title....  Oh, Sheet!, or Sheets That Pass in the Night, or One Sheet to the Wind, but I restrained myself.  Not that much, though!

We have one fitted sheet to fit a 10 foot by 7 foot mattress that is 12 inches deep!  Whether it actually fits or not is yet to be seen.  You see, I had the exact dimensions of the mattress, but I've got absolutely nothing to try it on even close to that size.  So I have my fingers crossed that my customer will be thrilled.

It wasn't that difficult in the long run, if you disregard the fact that I measured for more than two hours....  no lie!  Cut the Egyptian cotton sheets wrong, and I'd be shopping for replacements.  And if you Googled the price on such sheets, you KNOW that I didn't want to go there.

I tried a number of different ideas on laying it out to cut, none of which worked.  So the whole cutting thing was done on the floor....  which explains why the sheet is in the washer as I type this.  The bonus is that I had two pieces of sheeting left, each big enough to make a king size pillow case.  So the sheet and two pillow cases will ship Monday.  And then, I start 25 miniature rag doll Christmas Tree ornaments and an angel.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment