Monday, June 16, 2014

And So It Begins...

I thought about these 25 miniature rag doll Christmas Tree Ornaments while I was doing laundry and dishes and bed-making, and other things all day.  Do I do one thing to all of them, then the next and the next?  Or do I do them in smaller batches?  Knowing me, I might tend to burn out if I was embroidering 25 pairs of eyes, then 25 noses then 25 mouths, then 25 heads of hair, etc.  So I decided on 5 at a time.

I didn't get to it until about 2 this afternoon.  The first thing I had to do was make labels.  You see, the US Government has made us small producers of things label absolutely everything.  When this went into effect, it put a lot of small fiber artists completely out of business - they had no desire to deal with it.  But I am stubborn..........

My labels are on iron-on transfer paper.  To make five labels seemed silly; better to make a whole sheet, so I did.  Then I started cutting out doll bodies and ironing on the labels.  When I had 5 done, I realized that putting everything away and moving to the next step was silly at this juncture...  May as well do the rest.


As you can see, I have 27 miniature rag doll bodies (the labels print out in columns of 9 labels...  why save two?) all cut and labeled.  My customer wanted dolls with different skin tones - after all, we are all not white muslin!  



At this point, I'm still thinking batches are a good idea, but we will see what tomorrow brings.  Have a great evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment