Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Quilt Update

Quilt Update

I promised an update, and here it is!  I have yet another query on a custom order...  kind of interesting, really.  A customer needs custom sheets made.  She will get one sheet for her custom-made, 10 feet wide by 7.5 feet long bed out of two king size sheets.  It's a matter of cut/seam/hem.  Simple enough, but cutting a straight line for 9 feet (includes the drop) will be a challenge.  And cut it wrong means go buy more sheets.  I'm thinking about this one....

I've given a lot of thought to the 30 miniature rag dolls/ornaments, too.  I'm thinking half price on such a large order is probably the best idea.  Has anyone done large, like-wholesale orders?  Any advice on how to price these?  I would love to hear it.

Most of the day, I spent playing with material.  Arranging a quilt when it's a figment of your imagination is a challenge, even with a rough sketch.  But I'm getting there.  I'm happier with the foreground now, but the mountains need something...  I just don't quite know what yet.  Here's a photo.  Please bear in mind that nothing is attached, and very little is cut to size.  At this point, lumpy is okay!
 

1 comment:

  1. maybe some small trees? or a trail? that's a hard call on what to add, if anything.
    Debbi
    -YankeeBurrow

    ReplyDelete