Saturday, May 24, 2014

LIFE



I've been "retired" a bit longer than a week, now. And in that short time, I think I've worked 80 hours! I put a bunch of time in on art festival planning.  GROOVEFEST Music and Art Festival is June 27-28, 2014, and I plan all the logistics for the event, as well as coordinating the entire art festival and all of the food vendors!  If you're going to be anywhere near Cedar City, Utah in the end of June, you should stop by Main Street Park and enjoy the festivities of this free event!  In addition to the many bands who will be performing live over the two-day event, there will be 60 artists happy to chat with you about their art.  More information can be found on the GROOVEFEST website.

I finished my custom order. This was a kick all the way around.  My customer wanted a pair of crocheted mens shorts.  And they needed to be delightfully hideous.  I think we achieved that, and in the process, I learned to crochet.  No, I'm not changing my name to iKnitQuiltSewCrochet!

I'm just about done with this white baby blanket.  This is some incredibly fuzzy yarn, and bouclĂ© to boot.  It's not the easiest to knit with, but it has the most incredibly silky-soft feel to it.  I'm hoping to have it done this weekend, but we will see.  I kind of think it looks like a poodle!

I've had a quilt in my head for a few months now.  I didn't start it because I knew I was retiring and then I could start it and work on it without interruption.  Well, THAT hasn't happened... at least not yet!  You may remember this quilt, which was also a quilt in my head. This one took forever to finish because it needed to have all of those palm tree fronds hand-embroidered, and of course, they had to be worked in two different colors.  But the current quilt in my head doesn't need all that much embroidery.  I am wondering, though, how I am going to make the waterfall come alive.  My goal is to get it going this coming week and I promise to keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment