Friday, May 30, 2014

It's Friday

I've been at it since 8:30 this morning and it's just past 2:00... time does fly when you're having fun! But all of the appliqué is finished and the border is on... hooray!  And the quilt lays nice and flat and isn't lumpy.  This is always a plus.

It always amazes me what the back of the face of a quilt looks like once the appliqué is finished; it's almost a line drawing of the other side. So I took a picture of it so that all of you could see it.  This will be inside the quilt against the batting, never to be seen again.

Next, the quilt gets laid on the batting which is laying on the back. Then the whole thing gets hand quilted - my favorite part of any quilt. That's when my quilts seem to come alive. All of those bushes in that amazing material will get quilted and there will be ripples in the lake and contours in the mountains.  I don't quilt right, according to "them." My quilting is not a regular pattern and it's never symetrical. I quilt to bring up details, in addition to holding the three layers together.

But all of this will wait until Monday...  My wonderful husband is "forcing" me to go camping in our little trailer for the weekend. Everyone should be so lucky!  Have a great weekend everyone. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment