Friday, May 11, 2012


Ramblings

I have been so incredibly busy lately. Strangely, I took a week off work to get caught up, and now I'm closer to ten days behind.  How does this happen?  Yet I'm not complaining; it's better to be busy than to wander about aimlessly, trying to find something to do.

Yesterday, while I was working on a doll hat, my mind was wandering.  It doesn't take complete concentration to sew strands of yarn to a cotton muslin form.  Without thinking too much, I threaded my needle with the thread in my right hand.  A few minutes later, when it was time to stitch something on the machine, I threaded that needle with the thread in my left hand.  "Really," I thought.  So I tried doing both tasks with the other hand and simply couldn't do it.

Idiosyncrasy... [id-ee-o-sin-kruh-see] noun. A characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual. (Thanks to dictionary.com for this definition.)  It's a fun word to say...  idiosyncrasy...  can't thread a needle with my left hand, can't thread the sewing machine with my right!  I'm still chuckling.

So what's your idiosyncrasy?

No comments:

Post a Comment