Saturday, March 31, 2012

AMAZING!  Artists With a Special Touch!
The artisan behind this shop is Dee, a "50 something teacher who has been crafty from a young age."  Dee is an active member of HandmadeArtists, participating often in the Forums and attending the weekly Chat.  Take a look at her unique work.
To purchase this lovely bracelet, click here.
 This bracelet caught my eye immediately...  I recognized the button used as the focal point, as I've used that very button on a sweater I knit!  But this isn't a sweater - it's a bracelet!  I just had to check it out.  What Dee has done is taken things that wouldn't normally be jewelry and transformed them into just that.  How cool is this!!!  I so enjoy things that move outside the box.  I think the colors are so springy, too...  just right for this time of year.
This bracelet can be found here.
Here is another of Dee's pieces.  This bracelet is 14 inches long and can be double wrapped around your wrist.  It also uses a button as a closure.  It's tightly braided/crocheted hemp with gun-metal beads.   This one is so classy and understated, yet still so much fun!
Dee has recently opened her shop on HandmadeArtists.  You can also find her on Facebook.  It's so much fun to watch an artist grow and evolve from the beginning!  

5 comments:

  1. What a pleasing post, so fun to read:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love that pink and Green one awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for wonderful post about me and my shop. I am so glad that you liked my designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Dee has been a pleasure to have with us, we are so blessed by our members. Great post as always Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post about Dee… A fellow crocheter indeed… and she braids too! LOL Cool!

    ReplyDelete