Monday, January 16, 2012

AMAZING!  Artists with a Special Touch:
I've written about Eric & Larissa of Reef Botanicals before, and thoroughly enjoyed doing it.  For a long time now, they've made handmade soaps, scrubs, lip balms and candles.  Their absolutely gorgeous photography of these scrumptious indulgences makes my blog look so good!  Their products are made completely with natural ingredients and essential oils...  no preservatives for this couple!  But on this writing, I'd like to share Larissa's new endeavor!

Not too terribly long ago (I'm old, so time lapses all run together on me!), Larissa wrote that she'd received a new sewing machine as a gift, I think for Christmas from her sister.  She went on and on about learning how to use it and all of it's fancy stitches and such.  Larissa also has a nephew who is truly the "apple of her eye."  She's often mentioned him and found inspiration in him.

She's not only mastered her sewing machine, but just look what she has in her shop!  This is a felt puzzle of three different dinosaurs.  What's for sale is the pattern so that you can make it yourself.  But Larissa had to make this one for the picture and how cute is this!
 
Then there's the pattern for this cloth busy book, which includes color matching, bucking a belt, using snaps and buttons, tying a shoelace, zipping a jacket and telling time on an analog clock. Not surprisingly, the instructions for this project include 4 typed pages of instructions with a material list, 12 pages of patterns for the parts of the book and 13 full-sized/full-color photos!  This doesn't surprise me though;  everything Larissa and Eric do is done completely!  Congratulations, Larissa...  I do know how hard it is to sew in circles!

If you're not inclined to take on a sewing project for the little ones in your life, how about some handmade crayons?  This set of of 7 large dolphin-crayons was made from an entire box of 64 traditional crayons.  These look like so much fun!

There's also a set of numbered bean bags in her shop.  Reef Botanicals is no longer just for the grown-ups among us.  They've successfully branched out to a younger market with fun and educational items.  Stop by their shop and see for yourself!



12 comments:

  1. Love their soaps! they look so luxurious and "delicous" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Sandi… Reef Botanicals makes wonderful handmade bath bombs and soaps, for a day spa at home. Love the ‘Busy Book’ and the ‘Numbered Beanbags’ great for the little ones! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly am inspired by her busy book, it was so impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure that there is nothing that Larissa can't do! Wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you... I think she is Wonder Woman!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for showing me things that I did not know. Even though we read the same information, we get different slants on the artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that so interesting too! I tend to post before I read other blogs just for that reason!

      Delete
    2. I Love their shop! Nice post too! 8)

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Larissas' soaps everyday. They're the best!
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have definitely branched out. Love the busy book and the crayons!

    ReplyDelete