Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MY APOLOGIES...
 
I have folded this quilt up and put it aside...  for now.  Decades ago, I made a resolution that I could not start a new project until the current one is finished.  I've stuck to that religiously until now.
 
You see, my life has become complicated.  I am one of the lucky ones who still has an 8-5 job.  The first week in August, people moved out of our 2 bedroom/1 bath rental home, and it was a disaster.  They didn't vandalize the place; they just never cleaned, never bothered to mention that there was a drip or a leak - they just didn't care.  About half of the place needed to be gutted clear down to the studs/floor joists.  Water is nasty when it's left out of control.  The goal was to have a 'for sale' sign on it before we needed to make the payment in October...  it's going to be close.
 
So for the past month and a half, our routine has been work our day jobs, work on the house until 9 PM or so, consume something, stumble through a shower, sleep, repeat.  On weekends, the day job is replaced by those additional hours being spent at the house.
 
My very first "road trip" arts show is October 8-9.  There are things I need for this show I don't have.  The light is on at the end of the rental home repair/remodel, tunnel but there's still lots to do.  I have a custom quilt order due to be delivered no later than October 30.  I can't remember when I wasn't able to organize my time to accomplish everything on my list.  I guess you're never too old for a 'first!'
 
For those of you following the progress of this quilt, I sincerely apologize for interrupting your journey.  I will get back to it, and I will complete the series...  I PROMISE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment