Sunday, August 7, 2011

ANATOMY OF A QUILT
Part 6 - Embroidery 
(One down - Eleven to go!)

Well, that was fun!  Seriously!  And I learned something in the process...  five fronds is enough - this palm has six.  But I like it a lot and it's staying exactly the way it is!
 
This will be the largest set of fronds as well, since it's the closest to the front.  I'm using two different greens and four strands of embroidery floss.  Although my camera doesn't see it very well, it seems the fronds have a shimmery quality in person.

This quilt now has a name.  Many times, the title of a quilt is there before it starts; other times, I title it on completion.  But most of the time, for me anyway, the name materializes during the creation process, as this one did.  This one is now officially In My Dreams.

The embroidery is going to take a while, but I will keep you posted with progress updates and pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment