Sunday, May 29, 2011

Amazing!  Artists With a Special Touch!
RASMUSSEN GEMS & JEWELRY

I find it so fascinating when you immediately know what someone does, just from a glance.  It was no secret to me when I reached Rasmussen Gems & Jewelry on Artfire that this artist likes to play with rocks!  I can appreciate a beautifully cut and polished stone as much as the next person, but I just love John's pieces that are irregularly shaped!  They're so striking and unusual.  This Snowfield Druzy Quartz pendant is a perfect example.  This particular stone also has some elegant white and gold flecks in it.
 
And how about the gorgeous wire-wrap of this stunning Agate.  John is also a metal smith and it shows in this piece.  John has two blogs: one on Blogspot and another on Ganoksin.  He writes about progress on current projects and posts finished pictures of his beautiful jewelry.  

If you are looking for something unique, handmade and reasonably priced, visit Rasmussen Gems & Jewelry

6 comments:

  1. It was so hard to pick just a few pieces to feature, you know. I love the ones you chose, especially that agate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John does make some very lovely pieces - Love that Druzy one - and the agate - so pretty. I really like the way he wraps the stones. Very Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love his Pendants!Nice Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feature, you chose some of my favorites also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has amazing things (and I think I'll have to forward some of these pics to the hubby ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. He makes beautiful stuff with the stones. Hooray for Ganoksin! I highly recommend the site to anyone interested in jewelry.

    ReplyDelete