Sunday, April 10, 2011

Amazing! Artists With A Special Touch
Karina of Kabi Designs
Karina hails from New York.  She discovered polymer clay in 2006.  Since then, she's been doing some very interesting things with this material!
I must admit that when I first saw this piece (and others similar) in her shop, I shuddered, cringed, and mumbled "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."  Obviously this pendant wouldn't be my choice of jewelry.  But I am marveling at the attention to detail in this piece, all in polymer clay...  the joints in the legs, the coloration of the body.  It's just amazingly striking!
 
From realism to fantasy, this mermaid pendant is so charming.  The pendant is a polymer clay base with shells and a vintage mermaid image, all sealed with high gloss.  Looking at the two pictures, most people would guess "different artists."  Not the case here - but I'm not done yet!
 
Karina's shop also has these delightful stitch markers!  These are so much more fun than the plain white plastic circle markers most of us knitters/crocheters use!
 
And if that isn't enough variety, Karina's shop also has a nice selection of these fantasy art figures.  Same polymer clay - completely different look and application!
Karina's shop, KabiDesigns currently has 46 items in it - talk about squeezing a LOT of variety into a small inventory!  I noticed immediately that her prices are incredibly reasonable - from $10 to $25!  She has a Flickr album, too, if you're hungry to see more of her work.  Pay a visit to this very creative lady's shop - you'll be so intrigued!

8 comments:

  1. Karina makes the coolest stuff! I adore her little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of items she has in her shop Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lady bugs are sweet. I'd wear that pendant for Halloween. Not too scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I just love those adorable little fairy guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I was so excited to blog about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her figures! They're just amazing!

    ReplyDelete