Monday, December 6, 2010

Amazing!  Artists With A Special Touch!
TWIDDLETOES

No matter where we live, how old or what gender we are, we all have one thing in common...  we all wear socks!  Maybe not every day or all the time in warmer climates, perhaps, but everyone's dresser has a sock drawer!  Typically, I am in my sock drawer at dark-thirty in the morning.  In fact, I have two sock drawers - one for dark socks and one for light socks.  This makes it easy for me in my half-asleep stupor to grab an appropriate color.  Every morning, my hand, on automatic pilot, reaches into drawer number 1 or 2, grabs a knitted ball, and pulls one sock on each foot.  This certainly wouldn't be the case if my socks were knitted by this amazing artist!  Let me introduce you to Twiddletoes!

These tabi socks are perfect for wearing with flip-flops.  The pattern is unique to Twiddletoes, having been refined over the years.  And what delightful colors!  Note the elasticized cuffs, too, so that the socks stay put...  no saggy socks from this artist!  And they're not just socks; Twiddletoes uses only the highest quality yarns of luxurious content...  merino wool, cashmere, alpaca...  even washable wool!  


You can just see the softness of these cashmere traditional socks.  If these socks were in your sock drawer, the sensory experience would begin while unfolding them, even before you put them on!  Talk about happy feet!!!!!

And let's talk about knitting a pair of socks.  This is not an evening project.  There are literally thousands of stitches in a single pair of socks.  And every last one of these stitches are made with knitting needles in a pair of hands, one stitch at a time.  The craftsmanship in these socks is incredible.

To see more of Twiddletoes amazing socks, check out her blog, her shop, or her Etsy store.   You will be so glad that you did!

7 comments:

  1. I usually have to stop after knitting 2 pairs of socks in a row otherwise my hands cramp up so bad! It's truly amazing how she can knit so many beautiful socks in gorgeous yarn! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I missed those socks that look like strawberry. Wow, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knit very small projects and even those take days! These socks would take me forever! I admire the patience and talent it took to create these wonderful products!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy! Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the great post! The split toes make it fun on those mornings when coffee isn't enough to wake you up -- worse than not being able to figure out which foot to put your shoes on. :D

    ReplyDelete