Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm So Confused...

I'm a quilter, a knitter,  a seamstress, and an entrepeneur with reasonable computer skills. But I just shudder whenever Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is mentioned! Simplistically, I understand that it's just a matter of keywords...  terms for which someone searching for xxx item would use.  But then there's meta tags, backlinks, on page and off page and...  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Although I still don't understand it, I don't feel quite so lost anymore after reading through SEOGUY's free tutorial.  Written in English, rather than computerese, I found this incredibly helpful.  If you have the time, this is a must read for anyone else bewildered by this mysterious, secret code!

Free search engine optimization tutorial

2 comments:

  1. I took the easy way out. :) I married a computer guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Larissa! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete