Sunday, July 18, 2010

Amazing!  Artists With A Special Touch
Connie Cooper - Saorsa Studio of Beads

Connie Cooper lives in Texas, and I'm beginning to wonder  if there is something magical in the air or water there...  It seems a lot of very talented people reside in the Lone Star State!

Before you think, "Another jeweler?," please bear with me for a bit.  Yes, Connie makes jewelry...  some from beads she created from scratch and other pieces which are micro-macrame.  It is the latter I would like to spotlight.

The first thing I did when I reached Connie's website was to read her post on her pricing dilemma...  something I struggle with as well. I found myself grinning as I read that article.  Then I noticed a link for her micro-macrame, and clicked it.  This wonderful piece with it's Native American overtones was the first tiny thumbnail, and I just had to click on it.  My jaw dropped as I uttered, "wowwwww!"  I can't even begin to imagine the time involved in creating this incredible work of art, not to mention the planning process that must have preceded it!  I did macrame back in the sixties, but what I did is not even a distant cousin to what Connie is doing with beads and string!!!

Her earrings are just as remarkable!  The color of this lovely pair caught my eye first.  But looking at the enlarged view, again, I am just amazed.  It never, EVER, would have occurred to me that macrame could be so intricate and lovely on such a small scale. 
 
I also love this African Porcupine Quill beaded hairpiece which I found in her shop on Etsy.  I really don't think that Connie understands how to do anything which is ordinary or commonplace!

Connie uses 3-ply nylon as the base for her work, sometimes adding other fibers for color.  If the beads she uses are not her own creations, she chooses only the highest quality beads from all over the world.  Please visit Connie's wonderful website store to view and purchase her fantastic creations.  And, I have to agree with Connie's supporters, who repeatedly tell her that she's pricing her work too low! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, her work is absolutly stunning !! I am glad I saw your post on Facebook. I am now following your wonderful blog. Great artist featured !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just WOW! She is amazing! Great post, great, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!Nice work from a very talented Artist.Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super article! I too marvel at the intricate
    nature of her work and how beautiful it all is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. I am late getting here this week and just saw that I was the feature...!!!! ~ blush ~ thank you SO much. I so very humbled that the talented people I see here consider me as a peer. Thank you for an absolutely wonderful article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely in love with that first piece. Beautiful jewelry and lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I didn't see that necklace when I browsed, I have to go back and take another look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing artwork!
    Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete