Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Amazing!  Artists With A Special Touch!
LisianBlue
Here is another person who seems to master everything she touches!  Kris hails from Albuquerque, NM.  She's a classic night owl who thinks she may live on the wrong side of the world!  She has many, many talents...  but I would like to focus on her glass.
I love the Antiques Roadshow on PBS, don't you?  Would you be surprised to see this lovely hand-painted vase on that show...  a priceless heirloom, lovingly painted, worth a small fortune!  Kris provides ten pictures of this vase in her Artfire Shop.
Then there is this absolutely lovely hand-painted magical potion bottle.  Her grandson is an active participant in her art, imagining what wonderful concoctions her bottles, vases, and vials should contain! In my opinion, they are all lovely enough just to be placed and admired!
 


 
 But perhaps my favorite is her stained glass...  and pictures are certainly worth thousands of words!



Please do visit all of Kris' sites...  She has two blogs, http://lisianblue.blogspot.com/ and http://www.lisianblue.com/.  She also has two Artfire shops, one for the work shown above (and much more!), and another for fine art photography.












 

6 comments:

  1. Great post about a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her stained glass, but that vase and the bottle are outstanding! I sure could see that vase on Antiques Roadshow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something so "Victorian" about some of her work...I love it. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, that butterfly is so sweet! Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooo flattered! Some of my ideas do come from the Antiques Road show - so it would be cool if they wound up there some day - the only bummer part - I won't know it! lo
    thank you for such a nice write up and thanks to everyone else for such sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete