Saturday, May 29, 2010

Amazing!  Artists With A Special Touch

Kazumi Buatti

I am always in awe of someone who seems to master everything they touch!  I've known many people who flourish in related fields, but when you stumble across someone who seems to be good at everything, well, it's just amazing.  Kazumi is just such a person.  She lives in Yokohama, Japan.  Using "diverse" to describe her work, just doesn't seem to be enough.  Here's why...


First, we have an Amigurumi crocheted pair of sock monkeys on their wedding day!  Doesn't this just make you smile?!  Center, there's a beautifully made coin purse.  Then there's this beautiful chalk art drawing of a cup of coffee.  Talk about multi-talented!

If pursuing all of these seemingly unrelated arts isn't enough, Kazumi has several websites:
Socky's World tells the stories of, "Sock Monkeys who have been adopted by some very kind people around the world!"  It opens with a statement that membership costs 5 bananas (just kidding)...  On top of all of her skills, she has a sense of humor, too!  http://sockyworld.com/
 
 Then we have K&K Crafts and Designs, featuring a gallery, links, and a new shop.  This one is written in Japanese.  Even if that's not in your skill set, looking at the pictures is fun!  http://knk-designs.com/
  
Not done yet!  There is also K&K Chalk Art Designs.  This site is written in both Japanese and English, contains a shop, gallery and encourages custom orders.  http://knk-chalkart.com/
 
 Still not done!  She has a blog entitled My Handmade Crafts Projects Log, which has pictures and brief explanations about a variety of things.  There's also a list to her other web locations.  http://crafts-project-log.blogspot.com/

Then, there are her shops...  
Two on Etsy - Sockys World and KnKChalkArtDesigns 
One on Zazzle - K&K Chalk Art Designs 
I'm sure I missed something!  Please check out all of Kazumi's links.  If you're like me, you'll find yourself wondering how on earth she keeps up with it all!
 

13 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about everything Kazumi does, and she does it all so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great items and I love the Sock Monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kazumi puts me to shame! lol! I absolutely adore the sock monkeys. Such a very talented lady, where does she find the time?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have been wondering how she keeps up with all of it! Crazy talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I know I couldn't keep up with it all. And did you know Kazumi recently finished a course in chalk art?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific post! Kazumi has such great stuff! Who doesn't love sock monkeys? I had one as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That married couple is too cute! Could you just see them on someone's cake? Wouldn't that be to die for? I lov eher chalk art too, the tigers she has on her FB page profile pic are adorable. Great feature :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post about a multi-talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know how she keeps up! All her shops make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post about a very talented lady. Love the sock monkey bride and groom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful works of art in both shops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I just love her work!!

    ...now off to feed the fish...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sock monkeys! Sorry I have a soft spot for them from my childhood
    HAF

    ReplyDelete