Saturday, May 15, 2010

Amazing!  Artists With A Special Touch

TwiddleToes

You all know (I hope!) that I knit!  Because of this, it gives me GREAT pleasure to introduce you to TwiddleToes, a fellow knitter with much more patience than I!  Her socks are not for the bargain hunter.  She uses high quality yarns, ranging from wool blends to cashmere and alpaca!  But what really impressed me was an article on her blog about how many stitches are in a single pair of socks.  The answer?  Thirty-four THOUSAND!!!!  I can attest to this, too...  Read the whole article about what's in a pair of socks on her wonderful blog here!

TwiddleToes makes tabi socks and traditional style socks.  Since pictures are certainly better than words...

 



Tabi Socks have a place for your toes to comfortably fit into your flip-flops.  I remember being in Japan long ago and seeing all of the ladies with their ornate flip-flop style shoes, always worn with socks.






You can certainly find the more western style socks in her shop, too!  Whether they are wool blends, alpaca, cashmere or some other wonderful yarn, these socks would make anyone's feet happy!






Please visit TwiddleToes blog or her shop.  And remember when you're looking at these wonderful socks that most people couldn't even begin to count to a thousand let alone knit thirty thousand plus stitches!

14 comments:

  1. As a knitter myself, I have a fine appreciation for the time and work that goes into these beauties! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a very novice knitter, I can't begin to imagine making something like these gorgeous socks! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the twiddle toes reminds me of dinosaur toes. KNitquilt, I think someone should make a sock that is parted into three... and make it look like a dinosaurs feet. I don't know just an idea. Maybe I am thinking about this becuase I know lots of guys who LOVE dinosaurs when they were little. then again I am not sure how a sock parted into three would be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the Tabi socks. So useful for us in cooler climates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 34,000 stitches?? Now that is commitment to your craft! Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Love those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've knitted a few things, but I always found socks a bit daunting. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been able to knit, it seems so confusing. I am in awe of these fine socks. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those socks look very comfortable.
    Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your approach on this post :)

    The idea for the dinosaur feet is too funny! I would love to see those, although I'm not sure I know anyone that would wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, please read my blog review of your work: http://bit.ly/aPh2Ol

    Teri
    sandtcreations.blogspot.com
    sandtcreations.etsy.com
    Twitter: Teri_B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those toes are so cool! Great design.
    HAF

    ReplyDelete